Job Title: Accountant
Job Location: West Bank, Ramallah
Reports to: Regional Finance and Administration Manager
Start Date: Immediate
General Description of PACES:
PACES is a UK based charity established in 2006, with the aim of providing healthy, structured after-school sports programs for Palestinian girls and boys ages 6-16 years living in refugee camps and most marginalized areas in Palestine, Jordan, and Lebanon. Through its core sports for development program, PACES provides children with multiple educational benefits to help them thrive in their own communities. PACES also builds local capacity by training and hiring leaders in the local communities as coaches to deliver the sports programs, and partnering with local clubs and sports centers to facilitate the outreach and delivery of the program.
Since establishment, PACES has served over 30,000 children, 2,000 young female and male coaches, and over 100 local sports clubs. All PACES programs promote gender equality, and have successfully reached and maintained a 50% female participation rate.
PACES is an equal opportunities employer, and prohibits any distinction or discrimination based on nationality, race, ethnicity, tribe, gender, religious beliefs, political opinion, socio-economic status or disability. This policy applies to all HR practices within the organization. Hiring decisions are based only on qualifications, merit, and organizational needs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Data entry of daily transactions on the accounting software (BISAN).
- Maintain proper filling for account entries.
- Reconcile petty cash transactions.
- Review expenses’ supporting documents (Invoices, Contracts, Payments,
- Prepare cheques and transfers and follow up on its execution and documentation.
- Prepare monthly bank and cash reconciliations.
- Follow up closely on monthly payments and advances.
- Assist in audit preparation, and in implementation of audit recommendations and
- Ensure proper inventory control and supervise proper issuance of inventory items and supplies.
- Prepare PACES Palestine monthly budget.
- Other Duties as assigned by the direct supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance from a recognized university;
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in Accounting,
- Previous work experience with a non-profit organization is a plus,
- Experience with BISAN accounting software or similar accounting software,
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written, oral, cross-cultural)
- Good command in Arabic and English;
- Good knowledge in Microsoft applications (Excel, word, …etc)
- Ramallah resident is preferable.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. PACES reserve the right to change this document whenever it is necessary.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to send a cover letter and CV to [email protected] no later than Saturday, 6th May 2023, indicating the position title (Accountant) in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
PACES is an equal opportunity employer.