Job Title: Individual Giving Officer
Job Location: Amman – Jordan, with frequent travel throughout the region
Reports to: PACES’ Executive Committee
Start Date: Immediate
PACES is a UK based charity established in 2006, with the aim of providing healthy, structured after-school sports programs for Palestinian girls and boys ages 8-16 years living in refugee camps and most marginalized areas in Palestine, Jordan, and Lebanon. Through its core sports for development program, PACES provides children with multiple educational benefits to help them thrive in their own communities. PACES also builds local capacity by training and hiring leaders in the local communities as coaches to deliver the sports programs, and partnering with local clubs and sports centers to facilitate the outreach and delivery of the program.
Since establishment, PACES has served over 30,000 children, 2,000 young female and male coaches, and over 100 local sports clubs. All PACES programs promote gender equality, and have successfully reached and maintained a 50% female participation rate.
PACES is an equal opportunities employer, and prohibits any distinction or discrimination based on nationality, race, ethnicity, tribe, gender, religious beliefs, political opinion, socio-economic status or disability. This policy applies to all HR practices within the organization. Hiring decisions are based only on qualifications, merit, and organizational needs.
General Description of the Role:
Individual giving has been a main source of funding for the organization, supporting its program growth and overall expansion. The Individual Giving Officer is responsible for the establishment and management of individual giving program at PACES. The program should depict clear goals, objectives, activities and outcomes for the unit. The program should be in line with the organization’s strategy, and contribute towards meeting its short, medium- and long-term objectives.
The Individual Giving Officer will also be responsible to identify and meet the needs of PACES existing and potential individual donors. S/he is expected to be familiar with traditional and online tools and resources, and latest fundraising trends to support her/his work and program outcomes. S/he will will report to PACES’ Executive Committee, and work closely with each country office staff with the support of the regional team, to ensure best outcomes to the organization and its supporters.
The Individual Giving Officer will be accountable for ensuring that all activities are implemented in adherence with PACES’ standard policies and procedures, and Code of Conduct.
- Develop individual giving program annual plan, focused on increasing individual giving, in line with PACES objectives and priorities
- Effectively implement individual giving program activities within initial plan, budget, timeframe, and objectives, and make adjustments or amendments when necessary
- Manage individual donors’ communication and database
- Identify fundraising methodology
- Identify donors’ funding priorities
- Develop donor acquisition and retention plan every cycle
- Produce high-quality timely reports, for internal and external use, using data and metrics retrieved from tracking and reporting tools
- Work closely with the Communications & Outreach team to develop key messages, and contribute to online content, social media content and other tools
- Contribute to PACES’ overall fundraising strategy, and support other fundraising initiatives
- Engage with PACES local program staff, leadership and stakeholders
- Stay up to date with the sports for development sector, and focus on obtaining key knowledge from within the organization and through other NGOs, associations, and other organization
- Coordinate effectively with other functions or units within the organization, and conduct field visits with donors
- Plan and implement events throughout the year to increase donor engagement, and represent PACES in special events
- Integrate program plan and activities within each country office plan
- Attend team and management team meetings regularly, to stay up to date with PACES program and progress
- Contribute to PACES’ Regional Team’s efforts when needed, including but not limited to; fundraising, proposal writing, donor reporting, and strategy development
- Supervise interns and volunteers
- Prepare expense sheets for the program activities, within set parameters the processes
- Ensure all human resource/administrative procedures are according to the PACES compliance system
- Ensure that PACES’ policies, systems, procedures and guidelines are implemented
- Ensure there are a regular knowledge sharing with team members related to individual giving program results
- Ensure individual giving program key information and data is kept safely
- Carry out any other duties as requested by the Executive Committee
Qualifications & Skills:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in social or economic sciences, business administration, management, or a related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in the development sector, and 2 years experience in fundraising
- Proven experience in effective fundraising strategies
- Experience in and proven ability to cultivate relationships with team members, stakeholders, donors and others even if remotely
- Previous experience in sports for development programs and programs targeting children is an asset
- Fluency in Arabic and English, spoken and written
- Demonstrate ability to adapt to different environments and flexible work setups, and thrive in team environment
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills, database management
- Demonstrated ability to write reports in English and Arabic
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Strong networking and representational skills
- Very strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written, oral, cross-cultural)
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com no later than Thursday 02 June 2022, indicating the position title (Individual Giving Officer) in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
PACES is an equal opportunity employer.