Job Title: Area Supervisor – Middle, Palestine
Job Location: Ramallah
Reports to: PACES Country Manager – Palestine
Starting date: Immediately
PACES is a UK based charity established in 2006, with the aim of providing healthy, structured after-school sports programs for Palestinian girls and boys ages 8-16 years living in refugee camps and most marginalized areas in Palestine, Jordan, and Lebanon. Through its core sports for development program, PACES provides children with multiple educational benefits to help them thrive in their own communities. PACES also builds local capacity by training and hiring leaders in the local communities as coaches to deliver the sports programs, and partnering with local clubs and sports centers to facilitate the outreach and delivery of the program.
Since establishment, PACES has served over 30,000 children, 2,000 young female and male coaches, and over 100 local sports clubs. All PACES programs promote gender equality, and have successfully reached and maintained a 50% female participation rate.
General Description of the Role:
The Area Supervisor is responsible for the planning and management of PACES’ ongoing programs and activities in Ramallah, Jerusalem, and Jericho. S/he will play an essential part in the success of the PACES program along with other members of the team in Palestine and the region. The work will mainly focus on proper planning and implementation of the program and its components, and followed with monitoring and reporting.
Reporting to PACES Country Manager – Palestine, the Area Supervisor will work with PACES’ partners and other local NGOs to coordinate and facilitate activities which serve PACES’ beneficiaries.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Represent PACES in Ramallah, Jerusalem, and Jericho
- Contribute to the yearly program calendar planning with the Country Manager
- Prepare and update monthly work plans and budget plans for PACES activities and monitor their progress to completion
- Prepare periodical reports to the management, including weekly and monthly progress reports, M&E reports, and financial reports, and ensures all reports are accurate and comprehensive
- Plan and implement a schedule of field visits to ensure a proper implementation of activities, in coordination with other staff members
- Conduct M&E tasks for the activities, such as (general evaluation, pre and post assessments, and year-end program evaluation) and others as set by the M&E department
- Analyze M&E data collected from the field visits to report progress and recommendations
- Coordinate for workshops and training sessions and supervise financially and managerially
- Provide support to team members (assistant area supervisor, and sports development coordinator), and ensure they adhere to their schedule and responsibilities.
- Maintain the records of beneficiaries and program related information on the database as requested
- Participate and represent PACES in partners’ meetings, events, training courses, and others
- Sets the communication between the partner organizations in the supervised area and the management of PACES
- Coordinate with the admin and finance team to identify requirements for activities implementation
- Reach-out and identify new possible partnerships in the supervised area
- Work with consultants/third party service providers on specific programs and projects
- Provide support to PACES beneficiaries to guarantee integrated development of participants
- Assist in managing grants and other agreements and with the Country Manager
- Work closely with communication team on providing media posts and resources
- Continuous follow-up with PACES management and program team
- Other duties as requested by Country Manager
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in management, development, or a relevant field from a recognized university
- At least 4 years experience in development programs including sports and non-sports activities, in addition to team management and leadership experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written, oral, cross-cultural)
- Strong representational skills
- Proven report writing skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (specifically Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Fluency both in written and oral English and Arabic
- Ability to travel abroad
- A valid driving license is a plus
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to send a cover letter and CV, no later than Monday 28th June 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the position title (Area Supervisor) in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
PACES is an equal opportunity employer.