Job Title: Sports Development Officer – Football
Job Location: Beirut
Reports to: PACES Country Manager – Lebanon
Start Date: Immediate
General Description of PACES:
PACES is a UK based charity established in 2006, with the aim of providing healthy, structured after-school sports programs for Palestinian girls and boys ages 6-16 years living in refugee camps and most marginalized areas in Palestine, Jordan, and Lebanon. Through its core sports for development program, PACES provides children with multiple educational benefits to help them thrive in their own communities. PACES also builds local capacity by training and hiring leaders in the local communities as coaches to deliver the sports programs, and partnering with local clubs and sports centers to facilitate the outreach and delivery of the program.
Since establishment, PACES has served over 30,000 children, 2,000 young female and male coaches, and over 100 local sports clubs. All PACES programs promote gender equality, and have successfully reached and maintained a 50% female participation rate.
PACES is an equal opportunities employer, and prohibits any distinction or discrimination based on nationality, race, ethnicity, tribe, gender, religious beliefs, political opinion, socio-economic status or disability. This policy applies to all HR practices within the organization. Hiring decisions are based only on qualifications, merit, and organizational needs.
General Description of the Role:
The Sports Development Officer – Football will be responsible for the proper implementation of sports training sessions of PACES’ sports for development program. Reporting directly to the PACES Lebanon Country Manager and working closely with program officers, the Sports Development Officer will also assist in planning and development of PACES program activities. She/he will also lead a significant role in developing PACES talents and building capacities of PACES coaches.
The Sports Development Officer will be accountable for ensuring that all activities are implemented in adherence with PACES’ standard policies and procedures, and Code of Conduct.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support planning and implementation of PACES’ Sports for Development Program in general, and Football Training Sessions in particular.
- Support planning and implementation of other PACES program activities including fun days, tournaments, and boot camps.
- Help build positive relations within relevant external parties (partner organizations) similar to sport federations.
- Conduct football specialized trainings for talented children enrolled in the program, according to the program annual plan across Lebanon.
- Plan and deliver capacity building workshops targeting PACES Coaches including football coaching clinics.
- Identify additional training opportunities for PACES coaches.
- Identify local, regional, and international tournaments for PACES children to participate in.
- Plan and conduct regular weekly field visits to sports training sessions.
- Prepare and present periodic reports including monthly technical reports covering field visits.
- Support the development of PACES’ Football curriculum, deliver training to beneficiaries and monitor its proper implementation
- Participate in the evaluation of PACES beneficiaries and make recommendations on possible improvements and interventions.
- Participate in the development of PACES’ annual program plan.
- Support identification of required sports equipment and material.
- Deliver model training sessions for football groups.
- Build positive relationships with PACES beneficiaries.
- Maintain a database of PACES beneficiaries of the PACES Sports program regarding the football game.
- Work closely and support the program team in Lebanon and the region.
- Represent PACES in meetings and other relation functions.
- Ensure proper implementation of PACES policies and practices.
- Any tasks assigned by PACES Lebanon Country Manager.
- A bachelor’s degree in Sports Education from a recognized university
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in football training and coaching, experience in the sports for development sector is a plus
- Holder of an official football coaching certification (minimum Level B, recommended Level A)
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Strong communication skills in English and Arabic (written, oral, and cross-cultural)
- Demonstrate ability to adapt to different environments and setups
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel).
- Ability to travel within Lebanon and abroad
- A valid driver’s license.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to send a cover letter and CV to [email protected] no later than Wednesday, 15th February 2023, indicating the position title (Sports Development Officer – Football) in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
PACES is an equal opportunity employer.