Job Title: Accountant
Job Location: West Bank. Ramallah
Reports to: Regional Finance Manager
Start Date Immediately
Palestine Association for Children’s Encouragement of Sports (PACES), is a UK based charity established in 2006, with the aim of providing healthy, structured after-school sports programs for Palestinian girls and boys ages 7-16 years. From March – November every year, children are granted an escape from being idle on the streets, or in their homes; an escape that is fun, healthy, and one that encourages participation and inclusion. Since its establishment, PACES has reached out and served over 30,000 children, 2,000 young female and male coaches and assistant coaches, and over 100 local sports clubs and other community-based organizations situated in refugee camps and most marginalized and vulnerable areas in Palestine and Jordan, and in the refugee camps of Lebanon. All programs promote gender equality and have successfully reached and maintained a 50% female participation rate.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Data entry of the daily transactions on the accounting software (BISAN),
- Maintain proper filling for the account entries,
- Reconcile Petty Cash transactions,
- Review expenses supporting documents eligibility (Invoices, Contracts, Payments,Receipts),
- Prepare checks and transfers with follow up on its execution and documentation,
- Prepare monthly bank and cash reconciliations,
- Follow up closely on monthly payments and advances,
- Assist in audit preparation, and in implementation of audit recommendations and findings,
- Ensure proper inventory control; supervise of proper issuance of inventory items and supplies.
- Maintains a filing system for the partners’ documents and the daily accounting transactions.
- Other Duties as assigned by the direct supervisor.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance from a recognized university;
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in Accounting,
- Previous work experience with I/NGO is a plus,
- Experience with BISAN accounting software or similar accounting software,
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written, oral, cross-cultural)
- Good command in Arabic and English;
- Good Knowledge in MS Applications (Excel, word, …etc)
- Ramallah resident is preferable.
Carry out any other duties as requested by the Regional Finance Manager.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to send a cover letter and CV, no later than Wednesday 25th August 2021 to email@example.com indicating the vacant position (Accountant) in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
PACES is an equal opportunity employer.