Job Title: Regional Monitoring & Evaluation Manager
Job Location: Amman – Jordan.
Reports to: Regional Program Development and Outreach Director
Start Date Required: Immediate
General Description of PACES:
PACES is a UK based charity established in 2006, with the aim of providing healthy, structured after-school sports programs for Palestinian girls and boys ages 6-16 years living in refugee camps and most marginalized areas in Palestine, Jordan, and Lebanon. Through its core sports for development program, PACES provides children with multiple educational benefits to help them thrive in their own communities. PACES also builds local capacity by training and hiring leaders in the local communities as coaches to deliver the sports programs, and partnering with local clubs and sports centers to facilitate the outreach and delivery of the program.
Since establishment, PACES has served over 30,000 children, 2,000 young female and male coaches, and over 100 local sports clubs. All PACES programs promote gender equality, and have successfully reached and maintained a 50% female participation rate.
PACES is an equal opportunities employer, and prohibits any distinction or discrimination based on nationality, race, ethnicity, tribe, gender, religious beliefs, political opinion, socio-economic status or disability. This policy applies to all HR practices within the organization. Hiring decisions are based only on qualifications, merit, and organizational needs.
General Description of the Role:
The Regional Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Manager is responsible for the planning, implementation, and ongoing development of PACES’ M&E activities in Palestine, Jordan, and Lebanon. The Regional M&E Manager will be accountable for the quality of M&E practices and interventions to support PACES’ program and improving performance by assessing the efficiency and impact of the program activities through different methods and tools, and measuring against outcomes and set targets.
Based in Amman – Jordan, the Regional M&E Manager will report to the Regional Program Development and Outreach Director, and work closely with Program teams in the region.
- Provide technical leadership in monitoring, evaluation, and learning for the organization’s program in Palestine, Jordan and Lebanon.
- Prepare annual M&E plan and budget, based on PACES priorities and activities for Palestine, Jordan, and Lebanon.
- Participate in PACES program design and develop performance and impact indicators and targets.
- Plan, implement and manage M&E activities for PACES program in Palestine, Jordan and Lebanon.
- Develop, review and update M&E system and plan on a regular basis to ensure relevance to program goals, objectives, and to PACES overall strategy.
- Coordinate with program staff to ensure that M&E plans are aligned with program goals and objectives and that data is being used effectively to support program outcomes.
- Conduct regular field visits in coordination with country managers to help in the execution of M&E and to recognize where adjustment is required.
- Review, develop and implement M&E systems and tools to ensure the timely and accurate collection, analysis, and reporting of data to inform program decision-making and improvement.
- Plan and oversee regular data collection across the three countries and assign means for collecting data to monitor the progress of defined indicators under the broad reporting framework.
- Perform data verification on a regular basis to ensure accuracy and quality of data gathered.
- Build the capacity of program staff in M&E, including training and mentoring in data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Lead the analysis of collected data and ensure compliance with all reporting requirements related to M&E and oversee the preparation and submission of high-quality reports.
- Identify key findings and lessons learned, and incorporate them into the organization’s overall knowledge management, planning, and strategy.
- Conduct annual review of program M&E framework.
- Direct the M&E reporting processes between staff.
- Prepare high quality consolidated mid-term and final evaluation reports to share with PACES stakeholders.
- Oversee development of monthly progress reports for each country to be shared and discussed with PACES team every month.
- Support in the development of other reports as required and with the direction of the senior management either for internal or external use to communicate the program’s outcome and impact across the different program components;
- Identification and documentation of achievements, lessons learned and document recommendations to be integrated into broader knowledge management efforts.
- Cooperate with other team members to prepare narrative and financial donors’ reports.
- Lead in the improvement of and reporting against the Theory of Change.
- Ensure proper flow of information with country offices and sharing of the M&E findings with relevant key staff.
- Deliver support to program staff in the three countries.
- Design and deliver systematic trainings to program staff in Jordan, Lebanon, and Palestine and promote relevant use of suitable data collection methods, to generate better understanding of reporting requirements.
- Collaborate with staff in the three countries to generate better understanding of incorporating M&E into each activity.
- Organize and facilitate M&E trainings and workshops to staff and partners including preparation of concept note and development of training materials, training schedule, etc.
- Compile and disseminate relevant information extracted from available resources to PACES team and other stakeholders as needed.
- Encourage knowledge sharing of lessons learnt amongst staff and with relevant stakeholders;
- Manage staff effectively, including appropriate and systematic delegation.
- Conduct regular performance reviews and ensure effective teamwork among staff members.
- Ensure there are regular, documented forum / meeting for all team members to share knowledge and discuss the M&E plan and developments.
- Create capacity building opportunities for staff members to further build and develop their skills.
- Coach and mentor staff to maximize their contribution.
- Develop TORs and manage hiring, staffing, and orientation process for new team members according to PACES policies and procedures.
- Ensure M&E team members’ full compliance with PACES Code of Conduct and Child Protection Policy.
- Prepare and assign field visit reports with relevant staff.
- Ensure program key information and data is kept safely.
- Carry out any other duties as requested by the Regional Program Development and Outreach Director.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in a development field, social science, economics or other relevant discipline.
- At least 8 years of work experience in the development sector, of which at least 4 are in Monitoring and Evaluation position;
- Previous experience in managing work in multiple locations
- Experience in planning and implementing of M&E frameworks, including experience in data collection and management;
- Experience in theories of change;
- Strong qualitative and quantitative research and analytical skills;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in both Arabic and English;
- Willingness to travel;
- Experience in supporting and developing staff with different background and expertise;
- Previous experience in sports for development programs and programs targeting children is an asset.
- Experience in giving trainings, preparing training materials…etc.
- Fluency in Arabic and English, spoken and written.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage staff members in multiple locations.
- Demonstrate ability to adapt to different environments and setups.
- Demonstrated ability to write assessments and project reports, in English and Arabic.
- Strong management and leadership skills.
- Strong networking and representational skills.
- Very strong organizational skills, and ability to manage changing workload.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written, oral, cross-cultural).
- Strong presentation skills.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. PACES reserve the right to change this document whenever it is necessary.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to send a cover letter and CV to [email protected] no later than Sunday 14 May 2023, indicating the position title (Regional M&E Manager) in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
PACES is an equal opportunity employer.